Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Glue Gun Creation.

Glue Gun  Display Dress Creation.

Hand Made Fabric Flower Shoulder Courage.

Details of the Flowers.
    I have been working on a special display for my antique and gift shop that I have along with, My Old Historic House. It all started the other night when I watched ,"Project Runway," before I went to sleep,   I said to my self, I could do that. I went to sleep and woke up a few minutes latter  because of a loud storm we were having. So the rest of the night was spent in ." Awake Dreaming." That is when I thought about making a dress creation. I have no sewing machine so I thought, why not use the glue gin, staples and safety pins. And that is just what I did.

I covered the top of the dress form with Faux Pearls.

Close up of the stitched lace fabric

I finished the bow with an antique pin


   I had   dress form in the shop, so I used it as my base. I have yards and yards of fabric that I have used in the past for window and other displays. I found a bunch of cheese cloth and a few yards of a stitched lace and a odd color of olive like green sheer. My friend Stacy makes a lot of restyled cloths and uses a lot of hand made flowers from cloth. This was one of my inspirations. I wanted it to be some what Victorian, but at the same time, a little bit Shabby Chic and Retro and almost modern. I am not sure all that makes sense.
    I just started out and went with what ever happened. I am placing  it up high, so I needed to over size the details ,so they would show up. Most of it I glued  right to the dress form. The gathered skirt pieces were done with staples and then glued in place. It took me all of two hours.
   I posted pictures on  Facebook and Pinterest and got some pretty good response. This is all I will show you for now, when the display happens that will be part two of this blog.
       I wish you could come and  visit , My Old Historic House and the shop. I will always leave the lights on and Sissy Dog will meet you with a jump and a kiss. I'll even make you a dress if you don't mind a little hot glue.


6 comments:

  1. Dear Richard! First of all, the top of the dress form..is fantastic! (Pearls being my favorite.) I love it, and from then on it just gets more beautiful and feminine! We can almost hear your mind as it creates! What fun!! Lovely, just lovely! What a way to spend a stormy night!
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard, I like the pearls and lace! It's been so long since I created anything that I think I have forgotten. Enjoyed seeing your creation.
    Shine on,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just paying you a visit to see if there is anything new and to thank you for stopping by. I shall return soon! Computer has been down for a few days now and it's driving me crazy. They SAY they have it fixed..so we shall see! :)

    Richard, did you know that you have that word verification thing on? It's so hard for me to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your visit my dear Richard! You are so generous! How are you my friend? How's everything with you? Any plans for the 4th. of July? Have a great weekend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry Richard, by mistake I deleted my previous comment to you, where I praised the beautiful period gown! The gown is gorgeous, I'd love to have lived in those elegant days! Lots of hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete